The Compet successor "B2B Box" by MindArk !!!

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by McCormick, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Update 21.10.17:

I made a thread about the "compet development team from Ukraine".

It is now obvious that MindArk outsourced their "3D-B2B-Project" to the same company, named N-iX Art Productions, located in Unkraine. (VR+Healthcare etc.)

MindArk never mentioned N-iX. Never together with Compet and not togther with this 3D-B2B-Project...why the mystery mongering, acting as if its an "in-house" production ? @_@

To learn more about N-iX and its "developer-pool", feel free to click the following link:

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/meet-the-compet-development-team-from-lviv-ukraine.21840/

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Just when I thought I could lean back, because MindArk became ultra silent in 2017...probably having learned something of all the previous fails...they are back. Bigger, badder, better ! x'D

MindArk is creating a "business" 2nd Life (15 years too late), for business people...with "premium" 3D creation rooms and...lip syncing...head movement...that is expressive as its owner. We can already SEE how far their technology went, inside of Entropia. ,-)

Now you know why compet and Entropia had to suffer (once again).
    New masterplan ! ,-)

This is not the 1st time MindArk fails entering the Education and Health Care "market".

-MindArk wanted to start a "Education System" with NASA (2008), but failed, then wanted to start an Education System with ESA (2009)...of course we never heard of it again.

-New partner buildings at Athena Space Port anyone ? Dozens of New planets promised...Healthcare, Education...buildings empty, no news...since 2015. SEE SEE... ;D

Now their masterplan has arrived. A 3D-B2B platform...sounds awesome ? Wanna try it ?

It says there is a trial version to try in the announcement on mmorpg.org...but its not. >_<

The new program is set to be released in December for PC and Mac for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift as well as on mobile with Samsung Gear VR and Google Daydream. Currently, there is a trial version available to try out.

I guess you got to contact MA, the serious way, to recieve a..."it will be released soon, please sign NDA now"...to be able to download it now.
    I contacted MA about it anyway. :p

So, lets wait and SEE...could this be our big xmas sale this year ? Anyway, merry xmas Entropians ! x'D

Sorry, I cant be serious about this anymore, so please excuse all the smiling and laughing. ,-)

vr business rooms 2.jpg vr business rooms 3.jpg

On to the official links :

http://www.mmorpg.com/news/mindarks...es-are-primed-for-ready-player-one-1000045910

https://www.mindark.com/mindarks-offer/business-vr-solution/

Press release : https://www.mindark.com/press/press...essVirtualReality_Announcement_2017-09-26.pdf

vr business rooms.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Reminds me of their "Platform Animation", which they used around 2010/2011 on some part of their website. (Then again, this could have been about chinese shopping planets as well) ,-)

3. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Cool! Imagine you become able to do such things in VR:

But ... I have to agree with you: It won't happen. At least not from MA.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dab

Dab

This will just be an instance in EU with all the lag included.

"The lip-syncing functionality is expected to be implemented in Q4 of 2017."

"Ultra-realistic! Clothing, make-up and accesories will decay even when you are not actually logged in."

"Deed payout will commence after the new user experience is perfected."

"Conference-style!!!" loot boxes will allow you to accesorize your avatar with sunglasses, purses, nose rings and monocles. Be the first to loot the amazzing unique ancient SGA virtual ink pen which future functionality will allow you to tap on the virtual meeting table to indicate your impatience with the current speaker.\

I don't SEE how this can go wrong.

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

But seriously thanks for sharing. I really needed something funny just now and that helped no end.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. narfi

narfi Lost

nervous about your big presention to Corporate?
    No problem, just present it to them in their underwear!

Still think it may not go well?
    Hire a professional presenter to stand in for you. (Corporate will never know its not you they were talking too.....)

o.0

8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Who here has been in a meeting at work were somewhere along the line the teleconference software has failed to work at least for someone? So adding VR headsets and hand trackers is going to work so well.

9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

That said there is some good research on virtually connecting offices using large screens

10. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Pretty much every single time we need to do a conference call. And we're using software from big ass companies. Yet, a bunch of Swedish clowns (sorry, Wistrel) with a proven track record of over-promising and under-delivering their tech for the last 15 years or so somehow try and claim they will solve all of that.

Ha, I say.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

12. Dab

Dab

"Weekly project meetings between Goteborg, Sweden and Lviv, Ukraine held in a Virtual location."

Isn't Lviv the city where the Compet developers are located? Is this the cause of lag 2.0?

Running this software on the EU game servers causing the lag?

13. Yes, MA always make it sound like they did "international projects" already, while they just talked to some compet admin in the Ukraine...in some kind of an altered Entropia client... but please, wait a memento...if you dont know about that, you might indeed believe that the "Unique B2B-3D-Room by MindArk" is already beeing used worldwide. ,-)

Weekly Compet project meetings. I wonder if "compet deed payouts" are already their best running gag...

When I discovered the "internal info" on the compet servers, totally unsecured...I thought like this already...

Especially when I saw a comment of one of the compet admins on the ukrainian appstore "Great game! Like those cute pets:)".

Ukraine, you know ? The IOS Test area...since about 1 year...

only in russia.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  14. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Indeed. The page basically says: "We're using it internally". It's just worded to make it sound as if other companies are, too.

And seriously. If this is based on the same tech that runs and powers EU, I'm not so sure this will work. "Up to 100 participants". Ever been in an EU town together with 100 other participants? Granted, if the need for seamless server switching that is behind EU would be stripped, it might make a positive impact, but other than that, I don't see 100 avatars in the same room using VR tech as something that MA is capable of pulling off.

On the upside, perhaps soon we will see a whole new range of business attire introduced to EU.

15. Updated the initial post.

16. Tass

Tass Administrator

It's gonna be a total hit, just like video conferencing which is booming since the 1990s...

• Hussked Hussked x 1
  17. This "tool" is working since August 2017 and a trial should have been available since oct. 2017.

The trial version is still not available and I never recieved a reply to my (business) email, regarding B2B.

Lets wait and SEE, when this project will rise from the ashes...of the MA HQ. ;p

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. No worries, everything is going according to plan. Just don't forget to shoot mobs in MM this year, otherwise no electricity money for the servers... We will receive everything we've asked for. Soon.

Compet is a cute little game for 2004. Might have been a success back then. In this case it's the same crap. I can't help but think we're all being fooled and MA is using these things to lower their taxes in Sweden while still making a nice profit somewhere hidden in their numbers. You don't pay much taxes if you lose money every year, and starting up these side businesses is a great way to do that.

19. I know I know, 2 months is nothing in the world of MA and its the hollidays ruling planet earth, but we never heard of it again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.