Planet Calypso News: The Enigma Keys — Stage 2 Coming...

Discussion in 'Planet Calypso' started by EP-Newsbot, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Another Key, another Portal, another Enigma! The second stage of The Enigma Keys mission chain is set to be released on April 13, 01:00 UTC.

If you haven’t started yet there’s still a chance to win the Main Event Prize worth more than 50,000 PED, as well as the additional Leaderboard Prize! Plus there are Guaranteed Rewards for completing each stage.

So far it’s anyone’s competition!

Full details are on The Enigma Keys event page: https://www.planetcalypso.com/events/keys-of-enigma/.

Source

2. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I actually just saw they are giving out CLDs. That implies that not all of them were sold in the initial offering, right?

3. Didn’t they sell just 50% of Calypso?

Not sure if that means MindArk have remaining clds though?

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

When they originally sold them, they definitely said a bunch would be kept back and used in future competitions/giveaways.

For once then it seems they didn't conveniently forget something

5. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

6. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Well, Akshually...

The first official press release about them stated this:

(Source: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Calypso_Land_Deeds - Under Official statements)

There was also this:

So either they lied/blew smoke up people's ass, bought a bunch of deeds back (which would be dubious, to say the least, unless they buy them back at market value, which would introduce a number of interesting questions by itself), or they are adding new deeds. I for one am interested to see last years' PWC signed-off on papers.

Oh, here I go again, giving a shit. I forgot I said I wouldn't do that anymore...

7. Or, or, orrrrrrr.....the extra deeds were confiscated from someone who got permabanned for doing something against Eula?

8. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

But that would be immoral. When accounts are closed, the TT value of the items in inventory is returned to the owner. Surely MindArk, that organisation that holds truth and transparency so dear would never do such a thing?

Seriously, the internet needs a sarcasm tag or font.

9. Tass

Tass Administrator

Remember that weird secret Hong Kong investor buying CLDs for 2.5 Million USD (which meant ~10.4% of Calypso's revenue when at that time for the same money he could have bought ~14.4% of real-world MindArk shares considering the SEK-USD exchange rate and what MA shares where going for back then, source, source (hey, someone's got to do @McCormick's job now ;) )). A couple of month later MindArk bought back 5000 CLDs from that investor to use them as prizes in competitions (and "redistributing them more evenly") although being the developer of the game they actually could create the greatest prizes of all time for a really really tiny fraction of these costs. But nothing strange at all...

• Like Like x 1
  10. i just wonder they got time and money for this strange stuff again, but not to deliver a handful fucking statues they sold ages ago already...

• Like Like x 1
  11. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I never knew the guy was from Hong Kong. But yeah, seems like a weird investment. At least he didn't repeat the same mistake with Compet of the Crypto scam.

And the reason they cannot create more (at least, not without getting a class action lawsuit on their hands) is that it'd mean the revenue split would get diluted. CLDs were sold as 1/600.000 each. IF MA suddenly creates more, it'd mean the share dropped in value representation, as first of all there'd now be more shares to distribute revenue among, and secondly, if they do it once, they'd happily do it again, meaning CLDs would tank straight away.

So it makes total sense if they bought them back.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I'm sure they said something about competitions/promo use at some stage but really I don't care that much to look for the reference.

edit: just read the above post - ah ok! Glad I wasn't going mad!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.