The Lost Vehicles of Entropia

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by McCormick, Jan 15, 2014.

1. What if we would have the originals ingame...

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Aww man. I miss the Minopolis buildings. One of the first times me and Lykke hung out together in EU, I hid inside the buildings (they were glitched, and it was possible to enter them). She had no clue how I managed to get in there, lol.

I also hid a stack of PEDs around various buildings and made her use every glitch in the book to get them.

Fun times. Shame those little fun things no longer work. Same thing with PEC/oil art.

3. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

so many of those vehicles could have been used instead of the 21st century stuff we currently have. In fact, I'd go so far as to say they STILL CAN BE used with a tweak here and there.......

If development time can be "given" to get an avatar to do the gang-dam style dance then surely giving us futuristic looking vehicles is an equally valid allocation of resources?

4. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I doubt MA was creative enough to come up with something like that themselves. I bet they came across the animation, and simply bought it and then snuck it into a release.

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

You guys have the cutest courting memories ;)

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Wow I'd forgotten there were quite so many! It does seem kinda criminal to just ditch them and not instead give each a cry engine makeover. They could have been made to look super sweet.

OK lets be fair though. The bought in vtol's that they dumped in PA one day WERE pretty much remodelled into what we all know and love today. Have to say since buying mine its been one of my favourite flying vehicles cause it has such a great view. I like that I got a sorta camo style one too.

Additionally the quad wings ARE futuristic, as are the tanks and the 6 wheeled things and a lot of the things the PP's came up with. I really liked the hover pod feeling of enclosure. Additionally the big space ships are nothing short of awesome. I love that they explode around you and catch fire startrek style,

So ultimately what we are saying is bad is the landrover, the beach buggy and the 6 man chopper. I think these would have been ok on RT although I have to admit I don't mind them. But yeh they really COULD have been so much more especially if the old vehicles had been remade.

One thing I would support though would be for MA to say that all vtols are no longer space worthy - they are kinda silly in space. This should have always been introduced as a temp measure while they got the quad wings ready. There should be some medium ships though, it shouldn't be all about the fighters and the moships. I'd like to see something of the size of the old hangar ships brought back, ie something where you can have gunners.

But then again, space needs more work anyhow... what was that pirate base all about for example? There must have been a plan or story originally behind that? It looks cool, but I've heard that is about it. (Really should actually visit some time)

Wistrel

7. narfi

narfi Lost

I hope they didnt spend much time on that......

Im just starting to play around and learn stuff, so with no experience, no knowledge, and free models and animations off the internet, i put this together in an hour or two including research on how to attach the animations etc....

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Impressive! I think I'd still be reading things after the 1st hour

9. Whos the blue guy with the wrench ? :O

• Like Like x 1
  10. narfi

narfi Lost

ahah......
    it can be anyone you want it to be.... but hopefully my intent was clear enough even as clumsy as it is :P

• Like Like x 1
  11. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

We are talking about the MA coders here....:tongueout:

Damn dude that looks awesome! Somehow looks better than the effort in EU too! certainly moves smoother to my eyes at least

12. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Don't tell this to to much people, but I played Narfi's game already :cautious:

13. FUMA

15. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Unavailable alas

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.