The NI Guide to Caves

Discussion in 'Locations & property' started by Calin, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Calin

Calin Due for an Ultra-Uber Loot.

SPOILER ALERT: If you want to find things on your own, look no further in this post!!!

Caves on Next Island.

For those of you that don't know, there are a bunch of caves on Next Island that you can explore. They don't seem to have any use so far other than being interesting, but maybe in the future they will be for something.

I have taken the liberty of naming the caves since I haven't seen any sign of someone else doing it. I'd like to thank my good friend and Delta Force society leader Honey Kitten Little for her part in these finds. She is a great explorer in this time as well as through time.

Nightclub Attic
    Entrance at 145827,83351,308 Treasure? No
    Spirals up high through the mountain and opens up to the outside. This cave is in a PVP zone.

Nightclub Ninja
    Entrance at 145212,83293,? Treasure? Yes
    A very cool cave, but the treasure room is very hard to find, and once in the room you can't get to the treasure by walking. Bring a ladder, or other means of climbing. You could also get really lucky and tp right into it like Kitten did.

Moldavite Cave
    Entrance at 142857,88609,141 Treasure? Yes
    There is quite a bit of treasure in this cave along with a nice big green Moldavite Crystal.

Waterhouse Grotto
    Entrance at 141565,84661,100 Treasure? Yes
    This is a true sea cave. The treasure is up on a ledge which can be reached by VTOL.

The Captain's Spa
    Entrance at 143792,85051,101 Treasure? Yes
    Very short run from the Island Girl Spa teleporter, so its a good starter cave. Don't get too wet as you go in.

The Rabbit Hole
    Entrance at 144989,85038,275 Treasure? Yes
    One of my favorite caves. When you get to the hole on the cave floor just jump down into it. When you get to the bottom you will be able to reach the next sections of the cave. Once you find the treasure you can look for the way out. If you can't find the way out you will need to hit “T” to revive at CND.

Shoggath's Den
    Entrance at 146267,86118,439 Treasure? Yes
    A very hard cave to find, but worth looking for. Some neat spaces in it.

The Enchanted Cave
    Entrance at 126634,93472,222 Treasure? No
    Waterfall source feeds the Enchanted River. Not a deep or complex cave, but it's a cave.

The Tunnel of Love
    Entrance at 126495,93521,114 Treasure? No
    The entrance is very hard to see. The Enchanted River flows through this cave. In case you didn't know it, yes the Enchanted River does have an active current that will pull you along.

PVP Cave at CND
    Entrance at CND. Just go look. :p

If you know of any more caves, let me know and I'll add them. Also, I'm looking for a better name for the PVP Cave at CND.

2. Nice list! I am sure I haven't seen all of these!

3. Pardon me, but what is treasure? Can you explain more? Thanks.

4. Thar be pirate gold thar :)

5. Who knew golden doubloons would become so worthless that they remain untouched by cave explorers.

6. Who knew golden doubloons would become so worthless that they remain untouched by cave explorers.

7. Calin

The treasure is just decoration which is good since it would be gone otherwise. I did a few tests on it and it seems to be made of either plastic which has been painted gold color or pixels. Further testing should determine which... :p

8. hehe that was a fun search when we gathered those locations hehe >^.^<

9. Calin

It was fun. Details and the little things can make things a lot more interesting.

10. Thorn

Thorn Proud CND Baby

Nice list! I`ll have to check a few more of these out.

11. I went to check these out, on the way I took pictures and made an album of them all http://www.nextislandlife.com/members/softhart/albums/next-island-caves/

I know there are more out there but I can't find where I got the info before :(

I wanted to add some info to your post Calin if you don't mind :)

Nightclub Attic, Nightclub Ninja: Both in PVP

The Rabbit Hole: Entrance is in PVP but inside the cave isn't. (LOL and shame you can't get out once you fall in the hole)

Shaggath's Den: Need aircraft to get too

The Enchanted Cave: Need aircraft

The Tunnel of Love: Underwater entrance. (Also the water texture in badly messed up, this has been mentioned before in that area)

You have done a great job in naming them :) Hopefully we can find the list of the others.

ohhhh and yeah me and Calin where chatting, after his HOF :) And Kitten I like to nominate you as our NI tour guide and we should arrange a tour of the caves for the ppl on NI who haven't been. I bought a Heli the other day and can help with transportation :)

Also I am sending a support ticket to see about getting a marking system for the map. So when we run across places of interest we can mark it on our maps instead of trying to remember where the place was or writing the coords somewhere.

12. Calin

Great additions Softhart!!

13. Found some more caves for you to name :)

View attachment 852
    This one is just a walk thru in the hill.

View attachment 851
    Leads to underground water cave

View attachment 850
    This one I find before, watch out for the Space Pirates! Also has treasure.

And can an Admin or Mod sticky this for easier find?

Attached Files:

14. Attached Files:

15. I like Cool Photo Op

16. bump this up. These are too good to miss. Hopefully they are still there. :)

17. Then of course we have this cave:

NextIsland-MyHole2.jpg

Any one seen this one yet?

nextisland-myhole.jpg

18. Don't recall that one. Can you post the coords.

19. But what's the fun in that? Well, I don't have them, but it's vedy vedy close to a tp :)

And BTW, yes, I had to jump down it to see if anything was there -- which I'm still not sure since I got stuck with a few pissed off mobs below me trying their best to jump up and bit my ....:p

• Like Like x 2
  20. So anyone found it yet?

BTW, I'M HOME!!!!!

Meg I really do want to buy a home here..I do I do..just not a lunchbox. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.