Theryon Wars: Eye Candy nr.3 (Image Intensive Thread)

Discussion in 'Theryon Wars' started by Ordaz, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Hi all again!

After a couple of ships, let's get our feet back on the ground... or deck.

Before I had the chance to post this new Eye Candy entry, Mallard asked in another thread if Theryon's factions would have different uniform styles. Well, this week I'm bringing you the Space & Station specialty personal uniform/armor!

[​IMG]

This time I'm also giving you some clues of our plans for this stuff, but please take into account we're yo see how they'd fit both the storylines and the Universe (balancing and such).

The Space & Station specialty means these plates, colors and pattern identify off-world based NPCs which, for instance, won't be available as reinforcements for regular surface missions. This kind of pattern (for crafting and customizing) can be obtained as a reward by players who have completed a given Mission Arc lacking direct planetary interaction. Different armor parts (L) can also be acquired as mission rewards at 'Step Missions' (Mission 3/9, Mission 6/9, Mission 9/9) of space-oriented Mission Arcs, as well as Hidden Missions.

You'll see blue glowing elements floating over several parts of this armor: those are holograms. At this point, I'll leave up to your imagination what they'll be for (apart from looking cool). Of course, the other main faction has quite a different look, patterns and color schemes... but we'll leave that for another Eye Candy series.

Be warned, however, there shall be a final Eye Candy entry in this series, early next week... bringing you what I think you'll be surprised of discovering (unless you've been paying attention!).

Please, comment. I think you know I care, I read you and reply as soon as I can ;)
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

O.M.G.!!! LOVE IT§!

The holograms are cool! And I'll try and come up with what they are for despite being awesome :)

Just a wild guess ... the eye works like a scanner?

3. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

OMG ... I'm changing religions! :eek:

I have to agree with Lykke on the helmet hologram, but also think it could be for night vision?

The arm patch/hologram looks like a military ranking of some sort.

Regardless, you're a smart man, and you know exactly what you're doing. :D

4. Cool :)
    I must say Theryon wars sounds more intresting for each time we hear and see about it.

5. Thanks for the mention :bounce: . This looks very cool, I know it's concept but sure would be nice if we could holster weapons like that! After seeing this and reading about the ships for the other faction in Eye Candy nr.2 I'm looking forward to the next run of the eye candy series!

I agree MS9, I wonder if you can hack into it and make yourself appear a higher rank than you really are...

6. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

:happy: Absolutely awesome!! Looks like there is going to be some major compitition in the Universe!! :D As Mallard said it would be very cool to be able to carry our weapons in such fashion!! ;) I will add one wish as well... It would also be equally cool if there is an action for holstering and grabbing said weapon from its placement!! ;)

7. Is that thing beside his left arm the barrel to that rifle looking gun on his back? o.o
    I was gonna say baton but that's way to thick for a baton lol.

Really cool stuff though I have no complaints yet. :)

8. Most people would call it a silencer; it really is a suppressor.

Just a tip: I really like bullpups over other configurations. Their longer barrel and weight distribution often lead to more accurate shots, while usually shorter overall size is very valuable in urban environments (also, ship corridors and close encounters!). A couple of examples, longest first: Dragunov SVU and FAMAS.

9. Hey Ordaz, can I do another photo shoot, I loved wearing that armor set .... oh wait I am dreaming again. :D

Coming from downunder all I can say is bloody awesome mate ! ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.