Uber Armor for noob?

Discussion in 'Guides and help' started by AxeMurderer, Dec 2, 2010.

1. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Master Of Entropia

I know that if you use uber weapon and kill small creatures you are overpaying and is bad for your economy.
    But what if you are noob and hunt small creatures with Opalo but with uber armor like Tiger ? is it bad for your economy?

2. narfi

narfi Lost

yes it is bad,

Each armor has a minimum decay it will do when one or more of its dmg types is hit. (suppose its goblin which does impact/acid and you get attacked with electric, then it wont decay at all)

Idealy for low level stuff you want to take about 5dmg on average per hit, when you are in this range you know your armor is about the right protection for what your doing. If all you ever get hit for are 1s, then you are wasting decay. Idealy you would take 1.0 - 5.0 each time, this would allow you to naturaly regen most of what you get hit and wont even need to pay for vivo decay. (though some people want to use their vivo/fap more to gain medic skills, I beleive its best to be as eco as possible in everything you do, if youw ant to gain medic skills faster then higher out as a medic :P )

Hope that helps more than confuses,

gl and have fun,

narfi

3. Well as stated above it's best not to overprotect. Most armors decay more as they offer more protection. So for small mobs use pixie/goblin, and when advancing a bit get gremlin and some plates(2a,3a, and 5b when you start with things bigger than atrox provider).

4. Pixie IS ubah! I've still got the same set my friend gave me back in January of '05 :)

Funny thing happens, you progress, you hunt bigger mobs, get better armor, then as your HP and defense skills go up, you find you don't need the same protection you once did, so you start using your less expensive armor again until you totally progress to just hunting naked like you did when you started but the mobs you can hunt nekid are much bigger than when you started out, or you wear something like Pixie to take the edge off and it's cheap cheap cheap to repair. Of course, its been a while since I was in that scenario, ymmv with all the changes. After coming back from being completely chipped out, my trusty old Pixie was still working great, and did I mention how cheap it is to repair :)

5. narfi

narfi Lost

There are (L) armor options which are almost perfect for pretty much every mob you may want to camp. If purchased for the right markup they will be more eco than any of your unlimited armor.
    The problem with it is that you have to replace broken parts and study alot more for which armor you want to use for each mob, which will potentially lead to you haveing more sets of armor and tying up more ped than you would have liked.

It takes ped to save ped :/

narfi

6. Amber Knightley

Amber Knightley I see dead people.

Indeed, and that often makes it tough but I guess that is part of the challenge...
    I've been looking at bigger armour but then decided that I'm fine with my pixie/shogun/vigilante + 2A/5B plates
    with that I can handle most stuff that my weapon is able to penetrate, I still would like to complete my gremlin set though, missing 3parts so instead I mix with other parts for pure impact mobs.

7. I know what you mean, but somehow this reminds me of my ex, after a shopping trip buying a bunch of crap she didn't need saying, "I had to buy it to save money, it was on sale!" :rolleyes:

8. Thorn

Thorn Proud CND Baby

Mac I`ve definitely heard that before!

As for armor I guess it depends how many pennies it takes before you start worrying about it. Eco is good but at 10 to one often people are splitting hairs over pennies. And more often than not it`s just not worth it to me to break out the calculator and spend the time for 3 cents.

9. narfi

narfi Lost

Amber, for all around unlimited armor, I dont think you could beat gremlin.
    When I first bought my set, I ended up selling my goblin, shogun, kobold, and I think one other as well.

Wasn't till recently that I sold it off and switched to purely (L)

narfi

10. Thorn

Thorn Proud CND Baby

I run around now in gremlin too. It is a great all around set than can take you from most mid level mobs and do CP on weekends. Sold my set of ghost even for the few extra damage it covered I`ll get a few extra skills for healing.

11. FatherJack

FatherJack El Diablo

I'm rarely out of Warrior/3B nowadays unless I'm on big bots... fap skills>armour decay

• Like Like x 1
  12. narfi

narfi Lost

And yet armor decay is more eco than fapping. I prefer to save ped with the option of buying the skills cheaper later if I want from my savings.

narfi

13. I've seen Pixie pieces on the auctioneer for 1 PED or so but they are pieces that need to be repaired...but reading this I might go ahead and get some. I've been being hit by Papoos on Next Island about 7-12 hps a hit with no armor so far, sweating until about half hitpoints then killing it, and using the healing device.

Now, if I use armor, does that mean I'll be getting fewer defense/combat reflexes/evade/courage type skillups? Do those tend to come from being hit, or from taking damage?

14. narfi

narfi Lost

Your skill gains are from being hit.
    The only skills you wont get by using armor instead of healing, is the healing skill gains.
    Armor tends to be more economical than heal tools, BUT you will want those skills at some time so it is a fine balance.
    For myself, I have chosen to be the most economical and use the best armor avaliable for what I am hunting without being overprotected. I dont heal or gain heal skills often, but I do spend less ped per hunt this way.

narfi

15. thanks for the advice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.