Using in-game advertising to generate more interest in EU-C

Discussion in 'About EU Chronicle' started by nexus7, Jan 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Had an in-game chat with Cee very recently about the idea for using the ad-boards/terminals for generating more interest (getting more members) for EU-C.

Basically, a 30-second 'ad' would be placed for 30 PEDs ($3) once a week and the cost would be shared between as many active members that would like to chip-in. So 4 ppl would be 7.5 PEDs each, 5 ppl would be 6 PEDs each, and so on - obviously the person placing the ad would need to have an estate...
    The only other thing to consider is the wording of the ad, so please give your ideas for this in your replies - here's mine :)

Don't delay, sign-up to eu-chronicle.com
    today! EU-Chronicle has forums, blogs
    and other great features that all players
    of EU can enjoy. We are also one of the
    longest running community sites with a
    wealth of in-game experience and knowhow.

• Like Like x 4
  2. I like it though I'm not sure about the ending, how about:-

Don't delay, sign-up to eu-chronicle.com today!
    EU-Chronicle
    is one of the longest running
    community sites
    with open forums, society sub-forums, blogs
    and other great features that all players of EU can enjoy.

What else do we have? Anyone!

• Like Like x 2
  3. I admit, I wasn't too sure about the 'knowhow' bit - yours has a better ending...

• Like Like x 2
  4. It was the know how and wealth of experience, I don't think we have enough active players to make that claim any more :), hopefully, if the add is successful we will be able to make that claim again! Other than that I just added soc. forums and rearranged what you wrote to string it together :). Anyone got any more input before I place the ad?

• Like Like x 2
  5. I'm all for it, can't think of how the wording can be improved... So far that's 15 PEDs each. Any other chipping-in'ers :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Anna

Anna Master of the Universe

Im willing to chip in

• Like Like x 4
  7. I shall place the add this evening when I get on line.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thanks anna :) That's 10 PEDs each then. Cee, I can login this evening any time after 6pm. Where should we all meet up? Ad terminals I know of are at Ashi; Corinth; Atlas Haven; Ithaca.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  9. It is done, I have set it to run for 28 days. Looks like I did not do a particulalrly good job of it! I shall wait a week then put another one on that looks different (hopefully better), has different wording (All think of wording) etc. maybe do that for a few weeks and see what happens. Don't think there is much point in just doing a little, lets go with a full campaign.

No rush on any payments, I won't starve :).

• Like Like x 4
  10. Anna

Looks good! Font is a bit small but other then that nothing to complain!

• Like Like x 2
  11. As Anna knows, for some reason I couldn't see the ad on the ad-board we were both looking at, so I then went to Twin and Ithaca, but still couldn't see it lol! I know it went up, so no problem there, but I logged a support case with MA anyway, as this is a bit strange... (i've experienced this before once). Glad the ad went up, and gratz Cee for putting it up for 28 days! I gave 10 peds so far as I thought it would be 30 PEDs :)
    As a suggestion, I found in the past that either red, or white, or green text on a black background stands out the best and is the most easily readable...

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thank you both. Yes, I was disappointed by how it looked on the actual display, it was very clear when I was using the ad. terminal. I have only done one before and it was some time ago.

As far as you not being able to see it Nexus, I suspect they work a bit like player content, it can take a while for it to download to your machine before you see it. Will probably be fine by now.

It was still 30 PED, price did not seem to change as I extended the time span. I suggest we come up with some kind of campaign with a common theme, catch phrase etc. I'll have a think about it and post anything I come up with, please do the same :).

• Like Like x 2
  13. Logged in again later and Anna paid me her 10PED and 10PED she was holding for Nexus. Thank you both.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Just glad I could help... I know what you mean by the ads looking clearer on the ad-terminal then on the ad-boards. Again, I've found in the past that white, red or green text colour on a black background works best. Whatever theme we go with, we should stick with it to be consistent.
    I'm amazed though that the price didn't go up from 30 peds when you extended the display time - so gratz for finding that out :) I always thought it was 30 peds for 30 seconds lol!
    ---mini update---
    Well, I just went into the game about 10 mins ago but still cannot see the ad, so a bit of a mystery. Seems to me that EU's servers are not sending me the relevant data, etc - a real mystery...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  15. I am not sure how it works either but I would guess that by extended the time the ad. is to run for it reduces the frequency the ad. is shown! Don't know but it seems reasonable.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Yes, that must be it; maybe that's why I didn't see the ad? Maybe I didn't wait long enough ;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Anna

Well I have seen it so it definetely exists! :D (Too bad i didn't take a screeshot)

• Like Like x 2
  18. I too have seen it though it took about 20 minutes after i placed the add before I first spotted it.

I have however not noticed anyone new creating an account :(.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mmmm - I think the problem is that the longer duration (28 days) is the reason why the ad is being shown not very frequently. Still, it's only been up for a day, so early days yet... As a suggestion, maybe the ad should a) be easier to read; so white, red, or green text on a black background, and b) should be run for 1-2 days. That way the probability will increase. I think this will get a better response. :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. I am planning in placing further ads. that will be shown during the same time span. I.E. one advert placed every Monday for four weeks and each ad. to be displayed for four weeks. Each advert being different so as to gain attention. This will increase the frequency that an ad for EUC is displayed although it may not be the same ad. Hope that makes sense, I shall be using colour schemes with a greater contrast and bigger text. just need to decide what to put in them now :).

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.