What a whirlwind ...

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by MindStar9, Sep 27, 2010.

1. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

It's been a while since I've posted in my blog, but I've been rather busy with projects that I'm pretty excited about. Our new EntropiaTimes Magazinefor one thing ... what an incredible experience THAT was, and what an absolute joy to work with the E-Team. The behind the scenes work can get rather intense at times, but we have such a flexibility and cohesion with staff that it almost makes it a seamless effort.

Lykke does an amazing job of setting up a template of proposed content that we work from ... adding, deleting, tweaking ... and a continual work in progress until publishing day for sure. She's the leader that drives the process (ok, carries the whip :D), and without hesitation, we are right there with her.

Timing isn't always our timing when it comes to our VIP interviews. We are accommodating to their time schedule, which can extend the process a bit here and there, but for the most part, they have all been extremely flexible and gracious with their time in order for us to meet our deadline.

We already have several VIP interviews locked in for the December and March issues, and can't wait to present them to the community. Our goal is to bridge the gap more and more between player base, MindArk, and the Planet Partners. Information is key toward keeping us connected, and so far, it seems to be working better than we expected.

Another goal of ours (especially mine as Media Manager), is to develop the Media Center into a full service operation so that we can keep the community connected with each other, as well as be a platform to express a collective community voice. Writing content in threads at a forum is one thing, and it often gets lost in the scheme of things, which is why we want to provide a medium to elevate the community's voice in a most constructive way through front page and magazine articles.

In the near future, I will be launching a campaign to solicit the talent within our Entropian community, and offering individuals an opportunity to contribute to some pretty special projects, as well as perhaps creating some of their own. When ready, this will be published on the EP front page, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, if you aren't participating in, or supporting socmates or friends involved in this year's EU World Boxing Championships event at Billy's, you should check it out. The first two days of the boxing competition was held this past weekend on Saturday and Sunday, September 25th and 26th. I played music, took requests, and provided live coverage of the event both days on MindStarRadio which had some pretty interesting activities occur outside of the actual boxing inside the ring. I'll be reporting on this when I do my next front page article on the EUWBC.

Some good news also ... the creator of the EUWBC (Oleg, Leader of SKillin' Villains) now has his own section in the EP Services forum ... Oleg's Events ... so check it out. It makes it so much easier to keep up with the multitude of events that Oleg produces on a very consistent basis. He does an amazing job coordinating the EUWBC, which can be a handful when you're dealing with 160 participants.

There's much abuzz, and much that will be developed for the community, both here at EntropiaPlanets forum, as well as in world. We're just getting started, and we're hoping that you'll be along for the journey, which can be just as exquisite as the destination.

I will try to keep up with my blog as much as possible, and bring you tidbits of information that you just might find interesting.

Let's see, what can I tell you this time ... oh, we have a minimum of 3 VIP interviews scheduled for the December issue. :D

Ciao till next time! :wave:

2. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

aww I don't deserve all this praise. We are all in it together, and you my dear friend, has been doing an incredibly awesome job with the interviews - together with the other E-Team members contributions. I just read the magazine again in the bath tub today (that's what you can do with a printed version :D ... if you have a bath tub ...) - and again, the interviews and stories just get me carried away. It's great stuff there, and I can't wait for the next magazine :)

And yes, Oleg is a EPP ^_^ and indeed deserves his own forum section with all the event spamming going on (lol, sorry Oleg, didn't mean it like that *G*).

And you, MindStar, must be incredibly exhausted from broadcasting the event on MindStar Radio? It is really fun listening to you there :D especially when you suddenly burst out in laugher because of something silly going on in game!

Keep up the good work. sweetie :hug:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.