What Could This Be?

Discussion in 'Next Island News & Information' started by Meg, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Meg

Meg Next Island : Game Content Designer

[​IMG]

Hey, guys, guess what we've been working on for the next VU?!?!

2. Well that looks like either a Time crystal or a crystal refiner, maybe used to make time crystals :)

3. According to image name on THIS it's a....
    Go and look! slacker!

4. It's a Next Island dedication to Stargate!!!!! WOOT!

5. Its a gyroscope!

The last time I saw one of these a Gelfling was nearby...

6. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Don't know what it is .. but it makes me drool

*dances around*

7. todays VU or an upcomming VU in the future?

8. O I have 17 of those in my inventory! lol jk guys! although I wish I did!

9. thanks for telling manny :)
    for those that failed to understand what this is after manny's "hint", it *is* a time travel crystal... now for the great part:
    And from the client loader:

22 Feb 2011

Improvements and Fixed Issues
    Miscellaneous
    When unlocking achievements while the Achievements UI is open, the UI is now automatically updated, without the need to close and reopen it.
    Fixed issue where you could not teleport to a planet when the download was set to pause, even though all content was downloaded.
    Fixed issue with incorrect limitations in the Beauty System.
    Payment Providers
    Changed the in-game minimum withdrawal amount for NETELLER accounts to 500 PED.
    Added Ukash for Estonia.
    Planet-Specific Releases
    Integrated Next Island and Rocktropia content into Entropia Universe. See Next Island and NEVERDIE - NEVERDIE News respectively for more information.

In other words, in a few hours we will be time traveling :D
    unless the crystal is hard to get that is :)

10. finally the time travel crystals :):):):dance::clap::monkey:

lol I just noticed you guys added my It's dynamic smiley to the list yay
    :dynamic:

11. Fox

Fox

Okay, after seeing the content list, what could THIS be?

[​IMG]

12. Lee

Lee Forever Noob

Honestly Meg, what could this be? A costly and cruel joke on those who believed in NI?

13. it looks like a giant frustrating waste of peds and time -.-

I am so upset I am shaking here. every one is having multi multi multi failures trying to click the time crystal bp and loosing a lot of money.

14. Okay I have done a total of 12 clicks and nothing. I thought Time Travel was supposed to be the main feature of Next Island, not something that only the very lucky or the very rich can enjoy. Gotta make those crystals easier to get if your going to try and sell NI with Time Travel.

15. I am hoping that we'll see alternative ways to obtain time travel crystals, with crafting being just one of the routes to Ancient Greece.
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see though.

16. i am so ticked off I am rethinking even buying a shop here now -.-

17. join the club, I guess I expected too much.

18. I've heard whispers that the pappoo's maybe on the verge of discovering a method to manufacture a lower TT time travel crystal. But you know how those monkeys like to chatter, it could be just Flea picking conversation.

Personally I think this original formula seems tough to manufacture.. So I hope the little monkeys are on to something..

Maybe I could escape from No Way Out prison and disappear in another time zone where I could hunt mammoths and manufacture spears quietly without controversy ;)

19. please tell me thats good news I loved NI and this is destroying it for me

hmm thinking on it does that meant the TT was so high over the TT of mats that success was stupid hard?

20. Well the papoos are smarter than they look and their fingers are super dexterous, I think they look at avatars as their equals and assume we can match their skills, but in reality they are at least 20% smarter and more capable than us, so I reckon if they put their minds to it they can definately make it easier for us to manufacture our own time travel crystals..

We can't forget they had this island to themselves up until very recently, they are still adjusting to our foibles, we should be flattered that they over estimated us. actually I hear they are really enjoying the human influx on next island, they are quite sensitive, so I'm really optimistic they will help us.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.