What has shadow been busy with lately?

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by Shadow, Aug 10, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Oh since you clicked that link I guess you must be wondering lol

Well, I have made loads of carmods lately and I want to
    show you everything in short. So I have created a single webpage
    with step-by-step pictures "from crap to badass" :)

please have a look and feel free to post comments here.
    the webpage is in english and can be found here:

http://hem.passagen.se/pjor/mitsupage/mitsu.html

Have a good day!
    //Shadow

• Like Like x 14
  2. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

Groovy.
    Interesting
    reason. I haven't heard anything like that before:
    said I clicked that link you guess me must be wondering lolWell you have made loads of carmods lately and you want toshow me everything in short.Give me a break. That's nice.
    I have
    a lot of silly replies.
    Tell me more.I lost my train of thought.
    What do you do in your spare time?
    Do you still ?
    The ALICE chat robot can follow many things, like our discussion about htmlHave a good day. Try being more or less specific.

3. Screw you talkerbot.. :P

• Like Like x 5
  4. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

That is not very polite.:-)

• Like Like x 2
  5. It sure is a great looking car!
    Shadow is so cautious, that he soon won't dare to drive it I guess :D

Lucky he's got another, older Mitsubishi also ;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

is a looking car. I suppose that makes sense.:-) Are they exactly the same?

7. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

The first picture looks almost like bullet holes - I was thinking did Shadow get this car from some gangster? :hehe:

Amazing work Shadow, the car looks fantastic. :ok:

It is really great to see what things our friends get up to outside of Entropia.

8. Thanks a lot :)
    About those "bullet holes" hehe actually it seemed like someone had drilled
    those, why I cannot understand...
    But I bought the car from an area where many gansters hang out
    so your comment about bullet holes really could have been true hehe :)

• Like Like x 6
  9. Bullet

Bullet Guest

Now you need spinning rims mate :)

Any engine mods on the way? Lower suspension and yes rims and tyres?

• Like Like x 4
  10. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM !!!
    Sorry local commercial :D

11. I don´t know if spinners will look good on this car, but I need
    a set of high finish cromed wheels though to complete the look.
    No engine mods at all, just keeping the engine with excellent service,
    also it is a fuel injector 2.0L 137hp engine that has quite much punch.
    Suspesion is already lowered, and the bodykit will make it even lower.
    so then I have to raise it a bit until I mount bigger wheels lol :)

This is the bodykit that will happen next I believe..
    Just need to figure out what the cheapest way is to ship it from US to Sweden..

http://www.streetconcept.com/prodimages/galant_front_bumper_drift_2.JPG

12. lol :D
    I don´t want to be nagging but the "zoom zoom-commersial" is for mazda.. ;)
    But hey it´s jap cars too and it goes like zoom zoom zoom lol =D

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bullet

Bullet Guest

Well the body kit is certainly a good add on for the looks. You sure that you wanna go for chrome, scratches a pain in the ass...

well and a good add-on for the interior is a Classic Chain Steering Wheel
    http://www.truckstuffusa.com/claschainwhe.html

I personally love to tweak the engines. Mitsubishi has sooo many possibilities...

14. I am not going to use the chromed high finish wheels as every-day-use.
    But when I want to shine with it in special occasions as when I plan
    to take it to car-exhibitions. But those wheels are the last finishing touch I
    am going to add.

Pretty cool steering wheel, very unusual item, but it does not really
    fit the car and I would also have to loose the airbag and I do not
    want to make the car unsafe just for looks. I have been looking at other
    steering wheels, but I think I will keep the one I got, since it looks pretty
    much ok and mostly coz of the airbag.

Tweaking engines is not my area of knowledge, it would be real fun
    to have the engine tweaked but since it costs too much to hire people
    to do that for me I think I will have to focus on styling only.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bullet

Bullet Guest

Well as for the engines I think Ludde is a pro in that area. Actually most of the minor mods which gives the engine better cooling, increase performance and a nice sound are not too difficult to perform.

I am not talking installing a turbo charger and things like that. But modifications to improve intake and exhaust systems as well as ignition are pretty easy to perform. Chipping it would also be a good option.

The thing is that it's not a racing machine by it's nature but still has a lot of potential for improvements.

On the other hand once you start tweaking it's a pretty expensive hobby, unless you manage to salvage second hand refurbished parts.

16. Bullet

Bullet Guest

I want to start my personal tuning project some time next year using the GAZ 21 Volga as a base for the project.
    Wiki Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_(automobile)
    GAZ 21 portal: http://gaz21.com/

I would settle for the original version though if I will be able to obtain the
    GAZ 23 (KGB edition of GAZ 21 utilizing a V8 engine - http://www.gaz21volga.com/23/images/GAZ_23_002_jpg.jpg). In that case it will be restored to it's original condition and only the interior will be modernized. But the chances are pretty low as only 603 were manufactured so far. It also had an automatic gearbox which is ultra rare...

But most realistically it will be a GAZ 21 where the purchase cost will be not really more than USD 1000-1500 in a really bad shape. Then the whole body needs to to be galvanized, the holes stuffed, etc. Loads of chrome works and certainly an engine transplant where I'm not yet sure what I will take but I tend towards a Toyota V6 on the other hand a small block will be a nice thing too (look at the sheer space under the hood http://www.myvolga.com/gallery/DSC00070.JPG). Anyway it's quite high budget project even if I get everything done in Russia or Belarus.

Getting it to the original condition + interior job would be much cheaper and will certainly increase it's old timer value. But then it's just a show off piece. So I'm still not quite sure what would make more sense.

Certainly I will not be able to build a car like this but well it's one of the kind anyway: http://www.mavromatic.com/archives/000511

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Sounds intresting. I will hear with some people at a forum what cheap tweaking I might be able to pull off. Chipping it might be a good idea actually.
    The car is quite fast in it´s original condition so I am pretty satysfied already.. But any cheap tweaking to it that makes a difference is of course something that might be in intrest :)

About that volga. Never heard of that carbrand before, but I bet it´s russian lol :D I didnt get if you already own a volga or if you´re planning to get one. However, my suggestion is that you make the changes that you would like to see yourself. Don´t bother too much about how it affects the cars value. I mean it is a piece that you want to use yourself right? I mean I could quite easily make my car in original mint condition and that would make it a bit more valuable. But I prefer to use a wildcard and just do any modificaion I want to see on it. And if I grow tired of my car maybe it is so tastefully styled that someone pays a bit extra just because they like it.

Don´t bother too much about it´s second hand value.. GO FOR IT :)
    I think you can pull it off really good, post some pictures later on
    with that project.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bullet

Bullet Guest

Well you see that car is already a classic. So the dillemma is if I tweak it to be a racing beast or restore it an treat it well. I like both ideas but I have not made enough spare cash to do both projects yet... Especially the racing project is quite heavy on the pocket...

Well and I don't own one yet, cus I was looking for a huge galvanics bath. Which I found at the Gomel,Belarus factory for agricultural vehicles. And they gonna do it for a few boxes of Vodka and some little cash :)

So I guess spring time will be purchasing time.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hehe there are always too many ideas and too little money :)
    I know that dilemma too hehe.

So they´ll do the galvanic bath job for a few boxes of Vodka and cash lol :D
    That has to be the most russian quote I´ve heard for years lol :D
    Good luck with finding that vehicle :)

20. Bullet

Bullet Guest

Well that's still possible :) Govt. owned factories don't really care.

Maybe I should do a complete chrome job on the whole car-body :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.