What is with the tags?

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by Softhart, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Showing up as links in the messages.

And I can't post a message without a tag?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. narfi

narfi Lost

yeah... Im not much of a 'tagger' either would be nice if it was just an option and not forced

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yes, it is annoying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yep, they do look like links in posts, but you just get a list of other EP locations with the same word or words if you click on them.
    As for being forced to include tags at all in posts, that's just a bit of SEOing...

5. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

If it's annoying, I can turn off the option that requires a tag to be included.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I didn't think it was annoying. Thought it was a good idea actually...

7. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

is there an option to make them not look like links? I have seen forums where a tag has a small red dashed line below them, that would make it a bit clearer if it is a link or tag.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I think its annoying to make it mandatory to have a tag and also the link for the tag. I would like the option to be removed, but that is just my 2 cents :)

I wouldn't mind the link being there if as Razor says there is another way to display it so its not confused with an actual link.

9. RAZER

Checked the website where I saw the dashed underline, and it actually appears not to be tags, but explanations of acronyms, but I think it could be a lot clearer anyway.

tags.jpg

Image taken from a non EU related forum (I even visit forums for my work you guys figure out what it is all about :biggrin: )

10. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

EntropiaPlanets, where user input is appreciated AND acted on :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Checking the differences side by side

You rock! :)

12. RAZER

looks nice, but one more thing. is it possible to remove the different color of the tags as well, so just have the dashed lines?

13. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

There's different colours? That might then be due to clicking one of the links. I have not styled them in any colour.

14. RAZER

This is how I see them, the same color as all the links on the page:

Klembord-1.jpg

15. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Better now? :)

16. RAZER

i'm on my tablet right now, and the tags are red now, not sure if thats any better. just the same color as the rest of the text would be best for me i guess, just with the dashed line.

17. narfi

narfi Lost

Yes... tags should be less obvious than links, not more.

Links should be like they are, a different color.
    Tags shold be the same color as the main text with just the dotted underline accenting them.

Narfi

18. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Tadaah!

• Like Like x 2
  19. RAZER

THERE YOU GO ! this looks nice !

20. Hi,

just for the record:
    • I hate any tags in my texts.
    • I hate any tags in any texts I read, no exception.
    • Tags for me are useless, disturbing, reducing severely my enjoyment of the site.
    • Tags should be an opt-in feature, if at all.
    • Any sign of tags should be able to be canceled in the account options.
    • Tags are useless, an annoyance, a useless feature to disturb the users.
    • For the love of Lootius, make this crazy Tags optional in our account settings, please!
    Nothing more to say. Maybe replacing "USA" with "Tags" in this song, but then it wouldn't rhyme anymore ...

I understand other ppl have other feelings, but this is my opinion. I.hate.tags!

Have fun!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.