Wiki changes

Discussion in 'EntropiaPlanets Wiki' started by Tass, Nov 30, 2013.

1. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Until someone uploads a animated one, that's the beauty of doing it in a wiki.

2. Amber Knightley

Amber Knightley I see dead people.

Then, how do I get a creature card for this mob that I just added the other day?
    http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Creature:Kool_Kat
    I just can't get it to work :(
    Any minimum requirements of data on the creature page?
    Also how to type the creature when there is a space in the name?

3. RAZER

Create this page: Creature:Kool Kat/Card and copy/paste this into that and save: {{CreatureCardQuery}}

This basically works for all creatures, add /Card after the creature page and past that piece of code into that and save

Please use the capital C in /Card

4. yes, I've been thinking of various creatures like hispidus, formicacida, or others who do not have such evident movements as the nusul.
    This is why i thought a static pic would be ok. But np for me, an animated gif is ok too, and i could contribute to the effort (like we've been talking).

* And remember that EP is talking about the whole game = all creatures (yeah Mega, your work is not finished :) )
    You will be able to mesure the incredible work i did alone :), since the whole game bestiary was on http://www.entropiaforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?282-Bestiary, but apparently it was not recovered.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  5. If I can help in any way I would be delighted to

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Maybe there would be some way to incorportate the 3d models that exist into the wiki. Sure there must be a way of rendering them but I appreciate no one has the time to find out

7. RAZER

I know of a way to get the models out of the game into something like 3D studio, but that has been a long time ago. Possible yes, lots of work yes

8. narfi

narfi Lost

I think that for the most part esp starting out static images are ok or even better as it allows quicker and easier data entry and volunteers would get more creatures done faster. Then with the option of animated ones people can do then in time as they want.

9. Mega

Mega Chaotic Good

My 'work' was to replace the Bestiary you deleted in December 2014. The same day you joined this forum.

It doesn't matter about my personal disagreements with the current moderator(s) of PCF, which are many (and some would even say shared between us) the work Oleg and I spent months replacing will be there for good and for everyone to use. At the moment Entropedia isn't being maintained, so its an alternative place for people to gain information (Entropedia has been very slow for some time)

I am willing to work on a project here now that the Creatures section is up and running on PCF, it matters not at all that I am banned from there at the moment, even banned members can access Creatures on PCF for reference information such as good locations for Calypso mobs. I even did so a little while ago for Warriors.
    ---------------------------------------------

I am more than happy to contrbute to a similar project on this forum and I think small animated Gif pictures could be considered even better than the large 500x500 pixel images that I took for the Calypso mobs.

Personal animosity or grudges towards me are as of water off a ducks back, but to re-state I am willing to collaborate with others to get an Entropia Planets info (wiki?) for all planets. It's just about sharing the work between us.

M.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Amber Knightley

Yay, it works! Now I just need to figure out what more to add.
    Also could you not automate the creation of the "Card" page when a creature page is created? Or would there be a reason not to do that?

11. RAZER

GRATZ !!
    Interesting idea, no clue if that's possible with standard wiki stuff, would have to look into that.

12. Tass

Tass Administrator

We've finally re-enabled file uploads & file management for the wiki. It was the last big issue after the server migration.

Also many performance tweaks are in and many pages load signifficantly faster. Example: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Entropia_Universe_Creatures

We'll try to further improve performance in the coming days but doing that might cause weird issues.

And after that we can look into actual front-end improvements, features and content :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Amber Knightley

Nice improvement indeed!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.