WoF 2014 Judges

Discussion in 'Calypso Missions and Events' started by Jamira, Oct 15, 2014.

1. But you are! You doing a great job here! Thank for the info!

2. Pretty sad to see there's no older Canadian players left to even organize and field a team...we always were small but put up good numbers for a small team... This actually makes me more sad than any of the usual crap....

3. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Steve, you should give it a try! Just to make sure Canada is in. Join Kristoliquid's team or gather as much as possible folks together, announce some of them as main team members to Hurrikane and take the burden to organize that issue if necessary. I think Canada CAN DO! It isn't that hard. Go for a hunt next weekend as proud TEAM CANADA - like Poland did with three main team members only and no support. Who knows what happens during the next weeks? Make some advertise at the ad-screens ... whatever ... be creative! ;-)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  4. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Holy shit! I read the registrations of the last few days at the Team Sweden thread at PCF. Even Guinea and DACH should get dressed warm - lol! That'll become a race!

5. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

What I meant was: I wish I could slice some bots or mobs for a team that needs and deserves help ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, I got a bad virus it seems. I had to make tabula rasa and after that reinstall everything I use (not much meanwhile - Avira, Open Office, Hardcopy, Xnview, Skyrim, Entropia Universe ... that's it). Everything runs fine: Skyrim no problems (tons of mods included), the last savegame works properly with all this ~60 mods. Entropia Universe doesn't work *** ROLL EYES *** Client loader doesn't start ... again ...
    Slowly I lose patience.
    This is really bad for next weekend. I am not sure if I can help out with judging. I have no Entropia Universe ... bullshit!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  7. Been there done that. I used to be bummed as I watched my friends dropping off...now I understand why they all left. . It was just a general comment about all the names that I personally knew in EU from WOF that are long gone. I remember the days when we had a full team, and at least 2 support teams, sometimes we even made a third....I have no intention to be involved in the best event in entropia this year or probably ever again. I wish this years team the best of course...but i'd be surprised if they'll even manage to field a full team...but no worries...EU is flourishing....Kim told us so...lol

Sorry I brought it into your thread Jamira....it just bummed me out thinking about the way WOF used to be.....i'll leave it there...
    To all participating, enjoy it....WOF really is the best event in EU. :thumbsup:

8. Duplicate Post.

9. Remember, owing to the number teams, everyone is going to get to the 3rd round where the eliminations starts. Scores in the first two rounds will determine seeding.

10. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Yep ... I am out too. WoF judging is the last refuge. But more and more I doubt this alone is reasonable enough to keep this any longer. Currently I got some time irl to put more effort into my Pitbull-3D-print. That'll be probably my last connection after WoF is done. Let's see.

11. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, I had a dispute with Hurrikane about team names last weekend. Finally he gave a clear word in PCF's judge thread:
    "NOTE: Judges MUST validate the Main and Support Team names to ensure they comply with the Rules; Teams should be called;
    WOF XXXXXX (Nation's name) MAIN or
    WOF XXXXXX (Nation's Name) SUPPORT in order for scoring apps to work. Personalisation is fine but AFTER those words.
    "
    Now I can coninue with judging.

12. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Here we go with Hurrikane's latest update for The Qualifying Heats Stage 1 and 2:
    upload_2014-10-29_23-5-9.png

upload_2014-10-29_23-6-44.png

Now THAT casts a highlight to what we are to expect during the event! By chance it'll become the hardest WoF ever.
    Too sad, Canada didn't show up so far :-(
    I am not the one to tell them they should. Probably don't burning money in such an expensive but exciting event is the wise way ... who knows.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  13. Hi,
    Adding 1 + 2 doesn't really fit with the rules. Should be Max (1a, 1b) + Max (2a, 2b) where 2a and 2b have not happened.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

14. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

OOOOPS ! Yeah, you are right.

Changed!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  15. I know many Canadian's that used to participate in WOF that have either quit or gone mostly inactive. I'd guess the few Canadian's left simply don't care....

16. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Guess what: I can understand that - lol!

17. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Oh man! Hurrikane as well as me got serious problems with our graphic cards today. I crashed several times. Best one was when I said "Next I say will be the start!" - crash! - lol! Finally I lowered my graphic settings and was able to run one of the last matches in WoF Qualifiers while Hurrikane left EU. Well, he did enough this weekend and was struggling with his new comp.

I asked him for help to ask PCF mods to give me a limited access to WoF judge thread. Hopefully they will accept it. We have so many new judges this year! I would like to support them and WoF at all better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.