Words from Marco Behrmann Director of Community Relations

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by Burgerman, Jul 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Words from Marco BehrmannDirector of Community Relations
    18 July 2007

Fellow colonists!

We are very busy at the MA office, preparing for the fall and 2008 and beyond. A lot of cool stuff is expected in the future, stuff that will add new dimensions to Entropia Universe as a whole, alongside features that will enhance day-to-day experiences in the virtual universe. The unique combination of the Real Cash Economy with the background story and gameplay that is Entropia is important to maintain and improve upon. MindArk is committed to continue developing Entropia for decades to come, to create the best virtual environment there is online.

Blogs
    In August we expect to launch the official Entropia blogs. This will be a common ground for news, gossip, information, and articles. Info about the blogs has been presented here: http://www.entropiaforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=70100

Entropia Entrepreneurs
    I'd like to get feedback from Entropia participants who consider themselves to be successful entrepreneurs in Entropia - that is, utilizing the business aspect of Entropia. Both in the small and the large scale. I have some people who would like to ask the chosen ones some questions. Send me either a PM at EntropiaForum.com or an email to marco.behrmann@mindark.com, with the subject "Entropia Business".

Graphics Engine Updates
    Version Update 9.0 will see the next step in the ongoing process to make the Entropia Universe the best looking virtual experience around. A process that has taken almost a year to prepare will now take a giant next step forward. Avatars, as well as their worn equipment and clothes will be upgraded. This major upgrade will include brand new techniques, models, textures, and more. It will also allow all existing avatars the chance to recreate their avatar. More info and preview screenshots will be released soon.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/5347.html

2. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

This all sounds very good. Hopefully MA can claw back some credibility with the players, and release a new VU that lives up to some of this hype, without breaking too many more things.

hmmm "the chosen ones" That pretty much sums it all up. :rotfl:

3. Hopefully this means they've re-written everything that was giving them grief and now they can implement some new stuff.

it will be nice to see the graphical standard increase - especially the large scale vegetation rendering that ATM is just a bit too slow IMHO.

4. hmmmm, better graphics and animations................
    as my zx81 strugggles as it is, i may be forced to upgrade to the spectrum in order to appreciate the new things on offer, may also stop the all to frequent crashes that i seem to have ..........

best start saving:o

5. Better graphics is the last i would ask for :p

Time to buy (F) armor cheap ? 8)

sounds all very good , but we will see what happens in fall 2008 :rolleyes:

6. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

What about the fall of 07 :-( Are we to keep the lag, rubber banding, server outages etc until 08??

7. Ohh yes , i missed the "and" between fall and 08 in marcos post ;)

8. Erm. Wow. :o

Erach.

9. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

Thanks to Stratos I reread the first part of Marco's statement. It does say fall AND 2008, not fall of 2008. Sorry My first mistake :rotfl:

10. Also Marco takes away my hope for a fast cut :king2::cry:

from EF :

Quote >

MindArk Official

No gender change.

(to-the-point)

<Quote end

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2007
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Stratos, real men don't use female avatars. :hehe:

+rep to you for using a M avatar. :ok:

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.