Xmas Canley - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by fubar, Dec 5, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Well despite Jesus coming over all honest and letting the cat out of the bag, Chela and I were able to exchange the prize mony in relative safety.
    We visited the sphere at Hades, and no-one seemed bothered about picking up the 100 PED bonus available on my head!

The chance of claiming this prize is dwindling by the day... but you never know... there could be another (???)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yeah it was easy, I think the assassins have given up :).

3. Hi all,

I have read through this thread again to provide myself with a list of changes required to the rules. From this I have the following:-

A change is required to deal with a target avatar's feet being in the ground.

A change is required to deal with the full name no longer being displayed in the selection box.

It needs to be made clear that when a wide screen screen shot is provided as evidence and a scanner is being used that the scanner can be difficult to see, judges need to be aware of this when deciding if a kill is good or not.

Some guidelines are required for players, pointing out that this is a game of stealth and deceit, it is not a gunfight and as such the "calling out" of other players or attempting to goad them in some way is not to be permitted.

If anyone has any useful comments or suggestions as to how to deal with these issues or is aware of any other issues please post them here for discussion.

I am intending to update the rules before the end of January so do not delay too long.

Thanks,

Cee

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yes Chela that's a good list. I'd like to emphasise that deceipt and trickery is definitely part of the game; name calling and affrontery are not.

There is one more required around being banned form the forum during an event. There needs to be qualification on what types of infraction and/or ban are allowed between players.
    Not sure about how to do this so PM me Chela :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Anna

Anna Master of the Universe

About the wide screen.
    First i didnt believe burger 100%, didnt know how it would effect. But quess who bought herself widescreen monitor for Christmas :hehe:

So we need to make rule for this. IMHO its enough if you can see at least bit of the scanner.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I think that was the way I was going to go with it, trying to define how much of something is seen is only going to make things complicated.

7. I think the guide lines for players should deal with the effrontery aspect of this, I can put it in bold :).

I think the ban thing is easy, if banned then no shots can be posted and once un-banned only shots taken while not banned are permitted, thus if a player is banned for a week they cannot make any kills during that time, however they are still a target :)

Infractions are harder as they can be imposed by other players in an attempt to gain an advantage, with the 3 infractions and you are banned thing it could get quite messy. It could be that this be a matter for the judges and perhaps some guidelines about it should be included. Alternatively, all infractions are ignored and if these result in a ban and a judge thinks it unsportsmanlike then the ban should be overturned and those bringing it about punished in some way. If you have any other ideas though please let me know.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

A male who pretends to be a female casting aspersions on my honesty?

:rofl: :rotfl: :rofl:

• Like Like x 4
  9. Anna

When have i pretended to be female irl? All i wanted was avatar i could look when im doing some...

Forget that, i said nothing.... :eek:

• Like Like x 3
  10. that's really quite sad :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Oh I see, you must mean you bought a widescreen monitor ingame for Christmas, not irl. :hehe:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Anna

Mmmh, well i meant ILR.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.