You wake up in the last computer game you played. Where are you?

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by Wistrel, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

TBH I'm sorta distracted away from VR at the moment... keep thinking I should set it up again,... but well, no excuses really thanks to lockdown (although it doesn't really get me more time due to low commute anyhow - still working and probably working longer hours even... boo) but yeh busy with other projects and my place is a mess... Hellblade is available on PC now I think as is that other one you liked with the cavegirl and robot creatures. I'll have to look up Lone Echo.

Saying CAT Interstellar looks like Entropia is actually something of a compliment I feel. It's a free game as it never made it to full completion as I understand it and I think it might be a one-man-effort (not certain).

In other news I submitted a support ticket to MA the other day asking if they would change 3 values in the game. Ticket was closed instantly which doesn't bode well. If they don't implement that next VU I'm taking it as a personal "you can fuck right off with your suggestions" from MA. Let's SEE.

Wistrel

2. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, Hellblade doesn't deal with robot creatures but with creations of Senua's insane brain. This VR-experiance is extremly outstanding. And even this one will be continued at the end of the year hopefully.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I woke up as a tiny shadow in a small cave. I have to wait 400 days (real time) until I shall wake up the king who needs this long time to accumulate his power to end all fear and longing finally.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

fire_pub.png

I'm in a space station but everything is on fire. All around me alarms sound intermixed with explosions. There is a searing heat from the flames and I'm desperately trying to cram as many refugees on board as I can. Getting in and out is hard, there is giant debris floating everywhere. It's like flying into the mouth of hell.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

cave.jpg

I quite liked CAT in the end. It was pretty and had an interesting plot that felt like it was going somewhere and kinda reminded me of Total Recall. Unfortunately it looks like the author simply wrapped it up and put a sticking plaster over the hole. Ah well. I enjoyed it while it lasted.

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I looked it up. I'd seen the trailer before but forgot the name. I think it might be an Oculus only thing. Not sure. Did look good/interesting though.

7. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Looks and sounds cool. What game is this?

8. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Looks like Elite Dangerous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Indeed Elite. They've had the story "on pause" for some years now while they worked out how to do the "non-vehicle" part of the game. This has now been announced for early next year so the story and events have begun again a week or so back. So far we've had terrorist attacks on space stations using alien technology (hence the image) and building new space stations. Was quite impressive, over 4k players contributed to at least one of the spacestation builds over 2 days before it was completed 5 days before the deadline. There's some other stuff story wise going on on Galnet too but I've not had a chance to catch up yet.

10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I'm an anime character. Having spent some unknown amount of time encased in jelly cubes by a godlike being, I am now exploring a beautiful land. It's newly out this week, free and incredibly well polished. I'm loving the rock climbing mechanic and finding things in the undergrowth... I think I might stay. There is much to explore here.

EP.jpg

11. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Looks cute, Wistrel :) What game is that?

I'm Guybrush Threepwood, and I'm looking for the fabled treasure of Big Whoop!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Genshin Impact. Awww fond memories of Monkey Island, love the "round the fire" music so much.

13. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

After years ... woke up in the wild of Province Skyrim again. Had to update and replace a few mods. But it works pretty good meanwhile. Know that I am probably the new Dragonborn by chance. On my way to the monks of High Hrotgar together with Lydia. At half the way a blizzard started. But we both will survive thanks to a fur tent and campfire. It's really good to be back in Skyrim!
    upload_2020-10-10_2-57-42.png

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I'll enjoy my time in the Halloween themed Roller Coaster Tycoon world I'm working on. ;)

15. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Just a random thing, but I was in Entropia the other day, and someone said to me "Are you Wistrel from 'you wake up in the last game you played' thread?" :D

But in the spirit of being a Mighty Pirate, I was using hatch breakers to hack into people's cargo holds and run away with their loot the other day. A cowardly pirate am I more likely! XD

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Liu

Liu

In some midgar slums, and I love it. :)

Crazy to see that I come to these forums now and then only to see if the new scandal already arrived or not....Holy MA !!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Midgar... is that something from Lord of the Rings? So... LoTRO?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Liu

Liu

Could have been actually but no :)

Here it is :

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

wow! Such a mix of time periods and technology!

20. Liu

Liu

Really great game, should come on computer next spring.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.